DARE THE DUTY FREE WITH COCOBLANC!
If you are not a resident of French Polynesia, you have the possibility, under certain conditions, to take advantage of tax-free sales. You will then benefit from the VAT exemption of 16% on all your purchases at COCOBLANC and will therefore only pay the amount of your purchases excluding tax.
To do this, there is a simple procedure and a few conditions to respect:
- Be a non-resident of French Polynesia
- Reach a minimum purchase amount of 15,000 xpf including VAT of goods
- Present us with your passport and your plane or boat ticket* justifying your departure within a maximum of 6 months
- Commit yourself to complete the mandatory formalities to validate the complete tax-free process (below).
On the day of your departure from French Polynesia, the formalities are the following:
- Keep your purchases with you and not in your suitcase in order to be able to present them in case of a request from Customs at the airport* of departure.
- Present the 3 copies of the Export Sales Note given to you and completed at the time of your purchase at COCOBLANC at the tax-free office at Tahiti-Faa’a airport*.
- After having them stamped by the Customs, you will only have to slip the pink copy n°2 in the stamped envelope which has been given to you at COCOBLANC and deposit it in a mailbox located at the level of the tax-free office.
Your departure from the territory is then recorded and you are exempted from the VAT due on your purchases.
ATTENTION : if you do not complete these formalities, you will then be liable for the amount of taxes up to 16% of the amount excluding VAT of your purchases from COCOBLANC and will have to regularize.
* If you leave French Polynesia by sea, nothing is lost! Most cruise ships have a service that allows you to carry out the customs duty-free formalities described above on board. Ask the staff on board for more information.